A new way of paying for your lessons!
Are group swim lessons not fitting in with your busy schedule?
Sign up for private lessons!
For List of Private Instructors scroll below:
Available year-round, any time during Public Open Swim (winter at El Salido Pool/ summer at Anderson Mill Pool ,tot (3-5) lesson may be done at El Salido). Have a desire to swim but never learned? Want to improve your strokes or learn new ones? Want your little one to get a head start or overcome anxieties about swimming? Certified, patient, knowledgeable swim instructors offer year-round private swim lessons for all ages! Semi-Private lessons are also available if you would like to reduce your cost and add a friend to the mix.
For more information contact the AMLD Office at (512) 258-4104.
With private and semi-private lessons, you can pick the instructor of your choice and find a flexible time that works for both of you. Once you have talked with a private instructor and have set up a days and times,
you will meet your instructor at the pool to pay. These lessons are 50 minutes long and are for all abilities. Private Swimming lessons must be a minimum age of 3.
Rates for Private Swim Lessons
|# of Lessons
Rates for Semi-Private Lessons
Limit of 2 swimmers per lesson
|# of Lessons
Private Lesson Policy
- Regular pool policies apply to all patrons on El Salido and Anderson Mill Pool property.
- Lessons must be held during open swim. (Adults may have lessons during adult swim)
- Private lessons must be scheduled with the instructor in advance.
- It is the responsibility of the instructor and the parent to maintain communication.
- The parent must check in with the cashier and pay for each lesson upon arrival.
- All private lessons will be 50 minutes long the instructor will conduct evaluations at the end of each lesson.
- If the child does not utilize the full 50 minutes there is no pro-rated fee.
- There are no refunds for private lessons.
- There is no charge for parents to watch the lessons; however, you must pay the daily drop in fee or purchase a pool membership for each additional child or adult that accompanies you during lesson.
- Children 6 & under must have an adult within arm’s reach of them at all times, if they are not in a lesson.
- If you wish to come to the pool to practice, play, or stay after your scheduled lesson, you will need to pay the daily drop in fee of $5 for adults and $3 for children 17 & under or check in with your annual pool membership.